Dentistry is a study of teeth. Dentists worldwide are very much responsible for the smiling faces of their patients. One of the dentistry methods is given the name of veneers. It is a different technique, and it requires proper practice to place perfect veneers. Sometimes people feel offended with their smile and look. Veneers are a replacement when you have a gap between your teeth or broken teeth. They act as covers for the teeth that are placed with accurate measurements. A Veneers Dentist will give you a variety of options to choose from. You need to know about each veneer type before choosing one.
Use of Dental Veneers
It is a type of veneer that is a simple option to make your smile lovable. A dental veneer is made of thin material which covers a visible section of the tooth. They give a natural look to the face. A Veneers dentist helps patients with several dental issues. Some of the problems that veneer covers are:
• The veneer caps are for worn or chipped teeth. The accurate measurement allows covering the teeth and making them look naturally healthy.
• If you have misshapen teeth or damaged teeth, you can replace it or cover it with a veneer cap.
• If you have a large gap or uneven spaces between your front teeth, veneer dentists cover it up with appropriate veneer cap.
The construction of a veneer includes composite resin or porcelain material. These materials are comparatively durable and long lasting. Some veneers dentist from all around the globe gives a warranty upon the veneer caps. Along with some precautions and maintenance requirement, it is an excellent option for major dental issues.
Use of Porcelain Veneers
The custom made veneers use porcelain material to make it fit properly and is better in all aspects than the traditional ceramic veneers. Certain benefits make the use of this material better in all aspects. Porcelain veneers are beneficial as they are:
• Long-lasting and strong. It possesses properties which are capable of holding a weak tooth firmly without causing any further damage. It is a little expensive when compared to ceramic veneers but is of the utmost quality.
• The surface of the porcelain veneer is smoother and gives a more natural feel to the eyes.
• Mostly after root canals, veneer caps are preferable to avoid any teeth-breaking of the operated tooth.
• Little or no tooth enamel extraction is necessary. It fits as per the measurement and gives no pain while fitting.
• A Veneers dentist offers a minimum of 10 years of guarantee for the veneer caps. They claim that it won’t damage or stain for a longer time.
Necessary steps for placing a veneer
There are specific steps that you should know if you are willing to get yourself a veneer cap. Specific steps for setting a veneer cap are:
• The natural placement of teeth is in a close pack state. To allow the veneer to fix to your gums, a small amount of enamel extraction is necessary. It is done to create an area or give veneer some room to sit on the teeth. It will eventually make your teeth look natural.
• A Veneers dentist fills a plate with a mold to take the impression of the patient’s teeth. The color code of the veneer cap is also matched with your set of teeth to make it look alike. Matching the shades will give you the best version of your smile.
• The impression will be sent to a dental lab. The experts design the veneers as per the requirement. The use of material depends upon the patient. The making time of a veneer takes a few days, and till then, dentists will provide you with a temporary solution.
• The veneers dentists give the next appointment to the patient to check the shape and fitting. If any adjustments are necessary, some alterations will take place. If the adjustment is right, the veneer will be set on to the tooth.
• If any other alterations are required, then the dentists make later appointments with the patients.
What are Composite Resin Veneers?
It is a different kind of veneer which uses filling material by matching it with the color of the tooth. Specific benefits of this veneers type are:
• It requires even lesser extraction of tooth enamel than porcelain veneers. It is comparatively cheap than the other veneer types.
• Different veneer types require multiple visits to the dentists, whereas composite resin type requires just one visit. It is relatively inexpensive, but it saves you a lot of time.
• The most important benefit of this veneer type is that it is easily fixable if it undergoes damage. This type is not as durable as porcelain veneer but has the easily repairable quality.
• Steps essential for placement of Composite Resin Veneers.
• After the preparation process completes, the material undergoes sculpting with the best color option by the veneers dentist.
• A special type of light acts as an adhesive for the composite to settle on your teeth. After the bonding, it is left for a while to make the veneer set firmly upon the teeth.
• After the placement procedure completes, smoothening and polishing makes it look even more natural.
Things you should take note of before you get veneers
• A dentist will check for the health of your gums and teeth before suggesting you use veneers. Your dentist is capable of resolving any issue before placing the veneer. Firstly the disease, decay, or cavity will undergo treatment, and then veneers will be useful. If you get yourself a veneer cap with tooth decay, you might face more trouble in the future.
• If you are very frequent in grinding or clenching your teeth, then veneers are not an option for you. Grinding or clenching will break the veneer. Your dentist will not recommend you to use veneer caps if you grind your teeth. Veneers Dentist will suggest you wear a dental cap while sleeping in the night.
• Before you get yourself a veneer cap, you must know the small amount of tooth enamel that requires extraction are not reversible in the future. It is not a big issue, but the patients need to have an idea about whatever is going on with them.
• There is some possibility of the veneers to get loose with time. If it happens, it might need s replacement.
• You must know that it is your teeth and your money, you need to discuss every treatment option and expectations you have from your dentist. Apart from getting yourself a veneer, you must keep a regular visit to the dentist for periodic checkups.
Things you should take note of after you get veneers
• You must keep in mind that if you put more pressure on veneers, then it might break or chip. You must strictly avoid chewing hard objects like pencils and biting fingernails.
• You must check if you are comfortable with the placement of your veneer. If you face trouble while eating food or if it is just uncomfortable, then talk to your dentists right away.
• Brush and floss regularly to keep your gums and teeth clean to avoid cavities around or under veneers.